Self Employed Cycle Training Instructor
Wheely Fun Wheels is looking for a number of self employed Cycling Instructors to join its team working in Chesterfield, NE Derbyshire & Bolsover delivering Bikeability cycle training in local schools. This cycle training instructor role would suit individuals who enjoy working outside and have an interest in cycling.
We believe cycling has the power to positively transform communities by creating fitter, healthier and less congested neighbourhoods. The more journeys made by bike, the better communities can tackle the challenges faced with climate change, air pollution, rising obesity and mental health.
As a self employed Cycling Instructor you will be responsible for:
• Delivering the Bikeability cycling training course as arranged by Wheely Fun Wheels to young people aged between 4-18 years, in primary and secondary schools, and during holiday courses.
• Carrying out risk assessments.
• Teaching cycle control skills off road and on road.
• Riding on-road with young people.
• The safety and well being of young people.
• Collecting and returning course details to the main office.
• Completion and distribution of Bikeability awards at the end of each course.
Once fully qualified you can become one of our adult training instructors.
The successful Cycling Instructor will have the following skills and experience:
• Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport with young people.
• Be a good mentor / role model and be able to engage with learners at their level.
• National Standard Instructor (NSI) qualification or training will be considered for the right candidate (bursary available).
• Previous experience not necessary but you must be willing to take part in the National Standards Instructor training course. Qualified instructors are also welcome ago to apply.
• Due to the nature of the role you must be over the age of 18.
Appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
Instructors work in pairs to deliver Bikeability cycle training courses to local school pupils. Hours are agreed in advance.
Instructors will be expected to be able to travel to and work at any of the schools in the areas we work in. They must have a bicycle and helmet and will be expected to carry their own first aid kit, small tool kit and mobile phone.
Primarily during school term time although some courses are delivered during school holidays.
You will be expected to arrive at the school by 9.00am and finish at 3.30pm. Some days will be rostered as only mornings or only afternoons. You may be expected to work at one school in the morning and a different school in the afternoon.
Instructors can choose which days of the week they work.
Set pay for full day, morning only or afternoon only, equivalent to £14.00 per hour.
How to apply
Wheely Fun Wheels welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We have an or contact Alastair Meikle for more details
Wheely Fun Wheels works closely with local social enterprise Inclusive Pedals and there are opportunities to be involved in their various cycling projects.